Corathon® is an insecticide cattle ear tag with FyberTek® for the control of flies and ticks on both beef cattle and non-lactating dairy cattle. Flies are a continuous threat to cattle producers because they can significantly impact the well-being and economic value of the herd. Flies interrupt grazing and can reduce weight gain. In fact, horn flies can reduce yearlings' weights by up to 18%.¹ Up to $68/head can be lost due to overpopulation of flies, and a total industry loss of $1 billion for the entire United States.² No producer wants to lose money, especially when there is a solution to the problem.² Beyond economics, flies impact cattle comfort and health and cause: * Agitation * Itching * Disease transmission * Bunching to avoid flies instead of grazing. These impacts can reduce weight gain and milk production, making fly control ear tags an important part of a target control point fly mitigation and management program. Elanco offers customized parasite solutions to control flies and a product line that fits with integrated rotation management (IRM) programs for all production styles.
Key Product Benefits:
- Controls pyrethroid-resistant and chlorinated hydrocarbon-resistant horn flies.
- Controls face flies, the mechanical vector of Moraxella bovis, the bacteria that cause pink eye in cattle.
- Ear tags with FyberTek, which allows for maximum insecticide holding capacity and even dispersion of the insecticide.
- Can be used on beef and non-lactating dairy cattle.
- Contains 50% organophosphate insecticide.
- Utilizes the Allflex® Universal Total Tagger.
- One box contains two 10-tag pouches. 20 tags, 0.5 oz./tag.